who can stay
The Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte is a 28-bedroom, 35,000 square foot home-away-from-home for families that have children who are receiving treatment in area medical facilities. To complete the registration process to stay at the House, your family must meet the following criteria (Please note rules have been updated to reflect our COVID-19 Policies):
- Patient must be younger than 22 years of age.
- Live 60 miles or more from RMH of Charlotte (1613 E Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC 28207).
- Have a minimum stay of 7 nights.
- Parents and/or legal guardians are the ONLY guests permitted to stay (2 adults maximum).
- Successfully complete a background check.
For the protection of the guest families staying at the RMH of Charlotte the following persons will NOT be admitted:
- Anyone having or having been exposed to COVID-19 and any symptoms associated with COVID-19, not limited to, fever (greater than 99.5), difficulty breathing, cough, muscle pain, chills, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, headache and/or congestion or runny nose.
- Anyone with disruptive and irresponsible behavior.
- Anyone under investigation by the Department of Social Services/Child Protective Services.
- Anyone who has criminal charges, pending or current convictions, i.e., (child abuse, murder, arson, sex crimes, domestic violence, indecent exposure).
- Anyone who has been convicted of assault, drugs, or theft within the past 5 years.
- Any person who is under the influence of drugs that are not prescribed or any person currently participating in a drug treatment program.
For more information on how to stay and our family registration process, please click here.